Stories and Poems

Tomorrow's Darkness (Poem)

Tomorrow brings uncertainty.
Today passes with clarity attached like a document to an email.
Tomorrow brings hope.
Today brought closure on another day in your life that is getting more complete.
Tomorrow will soon be today, today will be yesterday and yesterday would be forgotten.
They say to always live your life like today would be your last but you and I both know the way you go about your day will plague you with regrets if your time came.
I like to live like there's always a tomorrow.
Tomorrow gets me closer to you.
Tomorrow gets me closer to fulfillment.
To make plans in another month is expecting to be able to fulfill those plans at that time.
 If I didn't expect that, I'd make them today.
I wouldn't work. I wouldn't sleep. I wouldn't continue to be a law abiding citizen.
Self gratification is the key to happiness when tomorrow brings more darkness.
The world can end at any moment.
It won't be by God's hand as you may think, but by the hands of men that don't care about human life or human happiness.
The very freewill that makes us unique will be our downfall.
So I cuddle with you at night in anticipation of opening my eyes to see your face.
For tomorrow's darkness is just a bad weather day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Feel Me (Poem)

Late Night Senses