Stories and Poems

Surrounded (Poem)

I've come across this bridge before. Why am I more inclined to continue this time?
I've sat on this rock before. Why am I still sitting here?
I walk. You stop. You walk. I stop.
This is all to familiar. That faint sound gets louder.
Strange? Maybe. Unfamiliar? Not in the least.
It's a quick pace. Starting to feel insanely weird. I don't like it.
Listening to it frightens me. That drumming sound full of base.
Look left. Look right. Look up. Look down. Straight ahead. Turn around.
Something is coming behind me. Shadows of the night.
That faint to loud sound gets deafening now. I run to get away from the shadows.
There's so many of them. Surrounding me all at once.
No where for me to go. No way for me to escape.
They stand and look at me. No eyes. No body. Just shadows with a dark aura.
I wait. I shake. I pray. Then stop.
Apparent to me know. I know these shadows. What do they want?
I move, they move. I run, they run. Mimicking me down to the last stomp.
What do you want from me?
What do you desire to do?
It's just my own voice that I hear. That and the drumming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Night Senses

Intertwined (Poem)

Wait (Poem)