Stories and Poems

Lost (Poem)

Walking in the desert sands, surrounded by the swirling wind

Grasping my arms tightly with my hands, asking when this will all end

Nothing around but the shadow of a man, not broken but left with quite a bend

How did it become so difficult to stand? When did the disorientation begin?

As the wind begins to subside and the dust clears the skies, the sun comes clear again

The body continues to dry, the heat continued to rise and I feared touching my skin

I knew if I felt the heat, my mind would get weak, leaving me with a task I can’t complete

This journey wasn’t for fun and until this shit is done, I go on even at the cost of sleep

I’m lost somewhere out here, I know I’m somewhere near yet some asshole is blocking my ability to see

No amount of kicking and screaming can stop me from succeeding not while my disappearance is still a mystery

I checked the highs and lows, my peak may be a mountain and my depression the depth of an ocean but when I’m at a loss the oasis in the desert is my retreat

Only I know the location yet I stand in my way as I like this displacement and the personality that’s been victimized by the invasion

The new me has evicted the old me but the old me left some functionality to form a neutral me

Yet neutral can’t be controlled as easily as just “doing what he’s told” so he goes out and finds the me of old

It’s now that oasis is in vision, my heart beats faster as I draw closer to completing my mission and bringing this hell to a close

I see the figure on the sand, legs dangling in the water, body supported with extended arms behind his back anchored by his hands

As I approach and begin to speak, he turns to look at me but all I could see was the tears of blood dried up from his eyes to his cheeks

Words no longer needed to be said, for he was I and I was him and it didn’t take a doctor to know that he was dead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Feel Me (Poem)

Late Night Senses