Stories and Poems

The Maiden Queen - Intro

How did this happen? I constantly ask myself this question the longer I float towards the surface. My hands were covered in blood but I can no longer tell if it’s mine or not. I’m sorry, Genevieve… I did all that I could. I can only hope you’re still alive somewhere. What I would give to see her smile again… To feel her lips and hold her body against mine with no desire to ever let her go.

Wait… What am I doing? I swore I would protect her… I swore I would fight for her… I can’t die now; not like this. I must avoid getting to the surface. I look up as everything got brighter; confirming my close proximity to the surface. I attempted to move my fin; why is it so hard to move? I kept trying but realized I didn’t have the strength to do it. Shit… I guess this really is the end….

“ARI!!!!” Did I hear my name being called? “ARI!!!” There it is again. I open my eyes and look around. To my southwest, a figure started to approach me with blazing speed. “ARI!!!” As the figure got closer, I started to recognize the voice and figure.

“Genevieve…” I said softly, lacking any energy to be excited.

As she approaches me, she grabs my hand and starts pulling me back into the depths of the Rozilian Ocean. Why are you here, Genevieve? You’re supposed to be far away by now.

“Why did you come for me?” I softly asked her, yet deep down I was very mad.

“Which cheesy line do you want?” She asked in response. “Without you, Rozilia isn’t worth saving.” Well that one hit home.

“How did you know where I was?” I wondered. She stops swimming, turns towards me, places her hand on my chest and smiles; the very smile I knew I would need to see.

“Your heart guided me. You always said that we were connected; this is the proof.”

I placed my hand on top of her hand that was pressed against my chest. She leans towards me and I lean towards her. As our lips meet, my wounds begin to heal. As our tongues tango, my strength returned to me. The maiden that meant the most to me has saved my life. The maiden that I love the most was in my arms, locked in a battle of affection with a molden like me. I was lost in the euphoria that we were creating that it took a loud and pain-ridden scream by a maiden to snap me out of it. The shock must still be with me; I say that like there’s a massive number of maidens to choose from. I knew immediately which maiden screamed as if she was being stabbed. It was my maiden, my beautiful Genevieve, that had a spoke (underwater spear) ran through her.

I looked around to see where it came from and didn’t see anyone. I couldn’t keep my attention off of Genevieve though as my panic picked up. Well, panic and fear; there was no telling what I would do if I lost this maiden.

“No, no, no,” I expressed in sheer panic, “this ain’t shit, you’ll be fine.” I grabbed the spoke and started to pull it out of her until I saw the tip that was protruding from her abdomen. I looked in confusion as I saw a discoloration on it. It was a white-ish color.

“What the hell is that?” I wondered. “I don’t have time to figure it out.” I pulled on the spoke and yanked it out of her, drawing loud screams from her. “I’m right here, my love, I’m not going anywhere.”

I started to kiss her and she tried kissing me back. The longer we kissed, the more confused I got. What’s going on? Why isn’t she healing? I stopped kissing her as she tried to fight the pain. I placed my hand on her wound, applying pressure in hope that it’ll help stop the bleeding as I tried kissing her again. What’s going on? I continued to ask myself that question as I started to panic, in complete fear of this maiden dying on me. I started to wonder if there was something that I was doing wrong or something that I was forgetting. Nothing was making sense; she should be healed by now, yet she isn’t. What’s going on? I kissed her again, in hopes for different results.

“Please heal, my maiden!” I cried. “Please heal…”

I stared to think about the white stuff I saw on the spoke. Is it possible that she was poisoned by it, preventing her from healing? I looked closer at her wound that was right around her wint (naval) and saw some white stuff in the wound.

“Forgive me, alurei (love; pronounced ah-lure-A)!” I stated.

I placed my fingers in her wound to swab the white stuff. My actions drew a loud shriek from Genevieve as she grasped on to me with her arm around my neck. With the white stuff now on my fingers, I brought it to my nose. Odorless. As I rubbed it between my fingers, it started to dawn on me what it may be. I brought it back to my nose and smelled it. I then took it to my tongue and analyzed it. No, it can’t be…

Now I’m really in a panic as I see more white stuff flowing from her wound. I start to get desperate as I place my hand on the wound and try kissing her again but this time she’s unresponsive.

“No!” I stated with determination as I tried to wake her up, not completely sure if she was dead or not. “You can’t leave me like this!” I cried as I tried to get some response from her.

Nothing was working as it felt like I’ve lost my pregnant maiden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Late Night Senses

Wait (Poem)