Stories and Poems

Flaws

Starts really simple before it reaches a peak…

Ignoring your story from the moment you start to speak…

Thinking about nothing but the bouncing of your cheeks…

Angered and flustered by the words passing your beak…

Calling you a bird, maybe I did that in the lowest of key…

Which brings us to me, flawed in my tact to approach a deity…

Staring at the wall, looking for the answers that should be in front of me…

Left with an impression that the answers were hidden underneath…

The wall, a euphemism for the depth my skin is enveloping…

 

I start with me, so reckless in my spectacles of affection shows….

So limitless in actions designed to sweep you off your toes…

Drowning in moments that dazzle you; whip you into euphoria…

Deeply penetrating your soul, impregnating it with my aura…

Leaving you with bits and pieces of me that you’ll never get rid of…

Not the type you have to nurture, but the culmination of intricacies that is our love…

Even being nonchalant, I enter this to win; not a game but it’s a war until the end…

The war is multiple battles for me, proving there’s no one left for you…

No one left that’ll make you happy on any level close to the level that I do…

 

In comes the moods; they’re swinging in multiple directions…

The first flaw to be listed; get it together B, seek help and suggestions…

So quick to get mad, what the fuck; what are your interpretations?...

Second flaw should be first; the short temper is too dangerous…

Time to go to work; job hopping, always away…Do you have any aspirations?...

Fatally flawed there too… aspiring to nothing, not a single inspiration…

Flawlessly unstable; the oxy to this moronic way for me to behave…

Pipe dreams and promises soon to be broken; shit is that all I gave?...

Nah, that’s just my insecurities and fear, the strongest flaw I can’t stave…

 

Beyond the fact that I neglected to keep a smile on your face; My flaw…

Beyond my ability to make you cry right before I leave your place; My flaw…

Perfectly able to blame you even when you’re blameless; My flaw…

Perfectly able to misinterpret your words, being completely shameless; My flaw…

Preventing you from speaking your mind without ending with regret; My flaw…

Preventing you from leaving, placing more bets, keeping you in my debt; My flaw…

Knowing how you love me, yet not giving you a chance to show me; My flaw…

Knowing there’s no real reason for any of this, it’s really not that deep; My flaw…

Not making the moves I needed, quicker with my decisions, and taking that leap of faith while overall being nonchalant is my biggest flaw of all… 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Late Night Senses

Wait (Poem)