Stories and Poems

Untitled Poem

I am my biggest enemy…

More than any other entity…

No matter what I see, where I be, there’s just no pleasing me…

Happy for a moment when I share my company yet still feel lonely…

Too busy blaming myself, drowning in my own self-loathing…

I’m either lashing out at others or playing the game of “Avoiding”…

Avoiding the questions; avoiding giving answers; avoiding recognizing that I’m avoiding…

Taking up residence in that dark place; located up the hill from the sunken place…

That’s probably the only bright spot that can cause a smile to creep on my face…

But wait… why am I here anyway?

What brought me this low and kept me against my will?

Eyes water to the point that they fill and the water spill…

As the water falls, the break begins and I let it win…

Down I crumble, words come as a mumble and the anxiety sets in…

Then I stop… Continue to break…Stop……. Then I grin…

All of this to reset and start again…

The smile returns with anxiousness to share, optimism flows like steam in the air and I set out to look beyond the despair…

I make my return with minimal flare, recovering from a suicidal scare but that’s neither here nor there…

Speaking again, to family and friends but unwilling to share…

My mentality changes; stubborn and unwavering, no longer breaking but concaving…

Wanna be great but unmotivated; wanna inspire but unaspiring;

Wanna drive down this path I see but too undriven to even get in the seat…

Check my account, need more bread; too damn passive to get out of bed…

Don’t wanna sleep, don’t wanna get up; is all of this in my genetic makeup?

Is it depression and anxiety that’s filling up my mind and restraining my body?

Nah, that’s me with the mental suppression… me lacking ambition and greatness progression…

That’s me held hostage by my personality while filled with anger and aggression…

Now I know, so what comes next? All of this, I completely accept…

This is who and how I am, so what can I do to take the next step…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Late Night Senses

Wait (Poem)