Stories and Poems

Fate (Poem)

FATE

Sunset….Moonrise… Dawn and dusk…. It’s all alike.
The whispers of the wind taken in by the fog of the river…
Midnight to daylight, daylight to somber night…
Hand in hand they go, on a double date with the cold and the snow…
Body shivers… lips quiver as the body kicks up survival efforts…
All of this speaks in beauty and elegance as the heart weeps…
Knees to elbows, indentations of a thinking man except for the tears in hand..
Tears in hand show the sorrow of tomorrow encouraged by the missing of the misses
An endless list of desires headlined by the kiss of the one admired by the soul…
So here I hold. Here I fold. The fetal position is my friend. I fear nothing but the end
The end of the light that you shine from a smile or the warmth your body brings..
The sparkle in your eyes that dulls the brightest diamond ring…
It’s in this moment I fear loneliness more than eternal rest…
But I digress……The silence ruined by the strength of my beating chest..
The masses look on, snickering at my pain as the snow turns to rain…
I crumble underneath, it’s an impossible feat to make you believe I’m right for thee..
Yet to me it’s clear……. For it’s my own fear that has me believing it can’t be done
Yet I know you’re the one…….The mate for my soul… the glue for my broken heart
The done can’t be undone but a new day brings a better outcome…
My weakness shall whither and break under the power emitting from my strengths…

May you see, one day, that I work with choice, led by destiny, and supervised by fate..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Night Senses

Intertwined (Poem)

Wait (Poem)