Stories and Poems

Short and Sweet (Poem)

Time is low… I have to keep this short and sweet
You want to go… Claiming I’m not what I used to be
I can’t allow it though… You’re solely responsible for the better me
My worse; it was my worse side that refuses to sleep
Yet I couldn’t help the fact I craved that love and affection
When you weren’t giving it to me, I looked in other directions
Granted, it’s not a good excuse for my indiscretions
But be reasonable, you’re not cleaner; You’re plagued with imperfections
Yet I brush it aside for it’s you that I want, whether you believe or nah
Nah, don’t say nah.. Don’t say something that’ll barricade our life
Unrepairable; just tension between us, thick enough to be cut by a knife
The same knife you’re trying to use to cut me out your life
I don’t want the sleepless nights; No energy for another fight
I want to earn your attention since I put you in this position

Short and sweet… I just need you to nod to acknowledge that you’ll listen…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Night Senses

Intertwined (Poem)

Wait (Poem)