Stories and Poems

Supply and Demand (Poem)

Supply and demand... That's the current issue at hand, maybe the root of it all
When the supply exceeds the demand, should all be recalled?
Can it really be taken back when declarations were already made?
Was it all just a phase? A fad like bell bottoms from back in the day...
Sitting here missing you and the smile that you used to portray
Whether real or fake, it didn't change the possibility that you were happy this way...
Complications in our day to day, thinking that being official was really the only way
Only way to be happy, considering the complexities of everything else that we hated to say
Mentions of our home life, dealing with the unhappiness yet be at peace when we saw each other's face
Knowing nothing but the pain, the mistakes of our hearts to easily be led astray
Yet I thought you were special, thought everything was great and smiled at the possibility that this really could be fate
I hate my inability to capitalize on the opportunities or at least take the risks instead of constantly playing it safe
I know I have it in me, I know I can be the one you need, yet I continually made mistakes that slowly pushed you away
Off and on, you'd be feelin me but started to think that I may be a little crazy only cuz of the lengths that I'd go to keep a smile on your face
The goosebumps are real, the emotion is strong... There's no denying my influence the moment my hands are around your waist
Unfortunately it wasn't enough; although my actions were on point and my words carried the power to give you a little faith
So my supply of love has exceeded your demands for receiving, leaving me wishing that things went different instead of being in this lonely state
I don't know what else to do, except attempt to move on but expecting it to be easy is simply not the case
Stuck in limbo with no relief, nothing but difficulty trying to sleep as thoughts of you weigh on my mind throughout the day
In the end, I'm left with thinking if there's anything I can do that would convince you that I can make you happy in many different ways
Yet all signs are showing that it's in my best interests to just simply walk away, at least that's what my mind says

Sad to say, I'm not a quitter so the idea of walking away isn't really a possibility so I remain loyal to my cause each and every day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Feel Me (Poem)

Late Night Senses