Stories and Poems

Shattered (Poem)

SHATTERED

Shattered.... Pieces everywhere capable of harm. 
I try to pick em up so I can move on but can't get them all. 
Each progressive step has the potential to step on a shard... 
Whoops, spoke to soon... A+ left on the floor. 
Pick up more pieces that I can see in my blood
I know for a fact if I can make it out of the shatter zone, all will be well
Yet I don't know how big the zone is.. 
As I tip toe through, I start to see more pieces... 
Clearly that way is not where I should go. 
Before I can turn, my attention is drawn beyond the shards... 
What is that? Better yet....... Who is that? 
The figure stopped, waiting for me to approach... 
The desire is there, but I doubt my ability to pass through the fallout.. 
My name is called in the distance... 
The figure becomes clear.... I swear a Goddess just appeared. 
I was sure she was grabbing a hold of my soul.. 
I was stuck with a choice that needed to be made now more than ever... 
I can stay, feeling lost and broken... 
Or I can pick up the pieces along the way to the holder of my soul..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Night Senses

Intertwined (Poem)

Wait (Poem)