Stories and Poems

No title (Poem}

Rattled with rage. Even though I'm free, I still feel like I'm stuck in a cage...
No idea what it'll take to break these shackles and chains...
No idea what I'm even tied to, it's strange...
Look left, look right; nothing but my shadow and blood splatter from the moments I go deranged...
Who am I, really? Why am I here?
Who's the culprit that closed me off and left me in fear?
Lost track of time, can no longer see the skies so no telling if help is near...
On my own to draw alone, using my blood as paint...
Stuck in an argument with myself, uh uh, no I ain't!!!
Yes I will, no I won't! This is stupid, watch what you're doing as you continue to bleed all over the floor!
The argument continues as my better half starts to completely lose it...until the light comes through the door...
It's either my execution or my salvation but I'm too numb to feel danger...
I look at him as he picks me up and holds me, telling me that he's here for me; Who is this charming stranger?
I look at him and see me, I guess my eyes are playing tricks but I blink and blink and no longer doubt my vision...
Accept me as your savior, let's get you out this place... You suffered long enough, it's time to escape...
Sounds too good, but what's truly in it for you?
I benefit from you being back as a part of me... So saving you is saving me, an absolute necessity...
Oh... You don't say but I feel like you're the reason I'm down here anyway...
You're wrong... It's actually you that made this choice just like choosing those that did us wrong...
It comes back to me now... I can't believe I never figured this out...
If I'm the reason for all of that, why would you even want me back?
Simply cuz without you, I'll never love again and that's a horrible way to live and for my life to end...
Point taken... Get me out of here.. I give in...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Late Night Senses

Wait (Poem)