Stories and Poems

I Don't Know (Poem)

I DON’T KNOW

I don’t know what to do when my days and nights are filled with thoughts of you
Yet when I reach out it’s like playing the lottery with uncertainty you’ll respond at all
I don’t know what to do when my days and nights are filled with desires to see you
Yet when I have the chance, I relinquish all pride as a man cuz I’m blowing up your phone due to your lack of answerin
I don’t know what to say when I can feel my mind break with complete uncertainty of what you really think
One minute you’re feelin me; the next you’re ignorin me; this cycle is indescribable, no wonder my heart and mind breaks
What is there to really say when your words and actions are so far astray that it’s safe to say they don’t share the same mental space
Are you lyin? Is it all on purpose? Is there something you get outta playin wit my emotions?
I don’t get it…. I don’t know what to do when it comes to you…
That’s a lie, cuz I actually do… I know what I should do but it’s so hard cuz your words are so heavy
The days, the weeks, the months, the years… The calendar keeps-a-flippin yet I don’t feel our hearts getting nearer…
Is it me and my overpowering need to be overly forthcoming….
Yet your words… your fuckin words sing to me like they were what I’ve been missing since my birth…
What can I do? What can I say to make those words into the actions that I crave?
I don’t know why I even bother when I’ve been fighting a losing battle since the start…
But overall I think you’re worth it, no matter how many battles I’ve already lost…

This war isn’t over, for the end is when you’re smiling in my arms…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Late Night Senses

Wait (Poem)