Stories and Poems

Endless Silence (Poem)

ENDLESS SILENCE

It’s quiet. Too quiet. I can hear my own heartbeat.
I’m sitting here with you, though, waiting on you to speak.
A kiss on the cheek…no response. Massaging your feet…you’re yelling stop.
What did I fail to cover as we sit in udder silence…
Then I realize what’s going on…
Can you hear a tree fall in the woods of the Amazon when you’re in Arizona?
No, but you know it happens…
Can you hear my heart beat with such distance between us?
No, but you know it’s beating…
Yet, why does my voice fall on deaf ears?
Is it another that’s gathered your interest?
Has another taken your heart as I sit thinking of ways to provide for us?
All I ever wanted was to make you happy, give you the life that you desire…
Little did I know, you’ve already had someone else setting your soul on fire…
What made me unloveable?
What made me undesirable?
I see now…I don’t hold a place in your heart that coincides with the beating..
The tears may fall and the noise would accompany it…but that’s something you refuse to hear
But the pain is in my heart, may be even penetrating my soul…

Trust me, it’s very real, but you can’t hear that either…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Late Night Senses

Wait (Poem)