Stories and Poems

Heart's Flame (Poem)

The heart’s flame… How it burns so strong yet fragile to the winds of change..
The wrong change can cause my heart’s flame to burn out…
Yet the tornado winds you’ve set upon me has only spread this fire…
Hot all over, burning with strong desire to express this fire..
Seems the heat is starting to get to me as I become my worst enemy…
Hard to see things clearly, hallucination is starting to set in….
I need to get this fire under control before it burns away who I am…
More importantly, this fire will cause you to evacuate…
Taking my time, I look for ways to get it under control…
All I can think about is how badly the damage really is… 
Resisting the urge to extinguish my flame, you hold on to me…
Aware of the risks, you give me a kiss that settles the burn…
My heart’s flame settles to controllable levels…
You look at me with kindness and reassurance…
Lightly touching my hands to show that you won’t leave my side…
Only thing wrong was the fact you were causing my flame to grow again…
Vulnerable to everything, I knew this would completely push you away…
Each second that passed was getting me closer to my biggest fear…
But I was wrong… This outburst was different.. Like I actually was in control…
Embracing you, I knew you helped me through this transition…
Eventually has arrived as you’ve turned my heart’s flame into my soul’s inferno…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Late Night Senses

Intertwined (Poem)

Wait (Poem)