Stories and Poems

Wait (Poem)

I can feel my own demise, caused by self-pity and maybe a little rage
The confidence I feel seems a little degraded for someone my age
Expectations take a hit, losing a grip on the little bit of fucks that I still give
Set in my ways; instead of turning the page, I burn the book and write a new
Straighten out and breaking out, let this be the way that I start off in a different place
With you or not, with me or not; I refuse all that brings bs to my face
Simmered down my contempt; boiled up my content; you can’t deter me from my pace, you can’t break me from my ways; ain’t no changing what I am, for I am a man comfortable with the place that I’m in and the goals that I chase
So when it comes to my demise, it’s controlled by me and something that’ll I end a little every day
The question will be whether you’ll be with me when I reach my destination or stuck wondering what could have taken place

So I wait…..  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intertwined (Poem)

Feel Me (Poem)

Late Night Senses